Chandragupta Amritkar is a hardcore journalist and now Editor with Global Media Group that runs a feature syndicate Global Features and brings out publications focused on technology and hospitality - Global Technologies and Global Destinations.
Since childhood he was always keen to be a writer but his father being a scientific officer suggested he become an engineer first and then decide on his career. So he did his engineering (Electronics and Telecom) and later MBA (Marketing) but opted for a career in journalism over a lucrative offer with Tata Unisys. He started his career with Science Today (a publication from Times Group) and since then there was no looking back.
He had the fortune of being at editor level in two leading newspapers of India before he crossed 35. When he was just 30 years, he became the Consulting Editor for Nashik Times (ToI)and was involved right from its launch. After quitting Times, for a brief period he was Editor (Special Features), BPD group, India Express group.
Subsequently with a view to disseminate information across the globehe launched a features syndicate, Global Features, providing stories on numerous subjects including Technology, Education and Tourism to many publications globally. Later he launched two magazines Global Technologies and Global Destinations.
Partial list of his achievements
- He has contributed to 108 different publications and his articles have been translated into Hindi, Marathi, Tamil, Malayalam, Guajarati, Spanish, German and Greek.
- He may be one of the few journalists to have had a FULL PAGE of newspaper devoted to his articles in 10leading newspapers– Times of India, Economic Times, Sunday Review (ToI), Maharashtra Times, Indian Express, Financial Express, Free Press Journal, Sunday Observer, Mumbai Samachar, Samkaleen, MalayalaManorama.
- He has till now been hosted/invited to 47 countries.
- Has been abroad 200+ times – Maximum trips to Germany, followed by UAE, USA and Hong Kong.
- He has been personally hosted by some of the best hotels in the world including the iconic Armani Hotel, Dubai, TWO of the WORDS BEST Hotels - GiliLankanfushi, Maldives + UmaidBhawan Palace, Jodhpur, India, Raffles – Cambodia, Taj Exotica in Maldives, MGM resorts, Las Vegas, Alila and Hard Rock Hotels, Bali, Forte Village Sardinia, Emirates Palcae, Abu Dhabi.
- May be the only journalist to have flown44 different airlines across the globe.
- One of the few journalists to have covered 40+ different global expos in 15+ diverse categories.
- With great pride we share that he has been invited on Planning Committee Board HICAP (Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific) for three consecutive years - and again the only journalist from India.
- He has also been felicitated for his accomplishment to be hosted in all six inhabited continents of the world – Australia/Oceania, Asia, Africa, Europe, North America and South America IN A SINGLE YEAR (2018).
- Over the years he has interacted with top politicians across the globe (Presidents, Chancellors, PMs, Royalty - the ex-Russian PM Dmitry Medvedev, Ex-Seychelles President James Michel, Prince of the Netherlands, HRH Constantijnetc) and leading technology CEOs, hospitality CEOs, dignitaries (Jimmy Wales – Wikipedia owner, Andreas Sennheiser, Bill McDermott – Ex SAP, Gary Shapiro, CEO CTA, Christopher Nassetta, Hilton, CEO etc).